Wondering what to drink while pregnant in your first trimester? Needing a little something to combat pregnancy exhaustion, fatigue, nausea or insomnia? These 6 first trimester drinks will give you a little extra oomph so you can rock your early pregnancy! From smoothies to teas to mocktails, these healthy beverages have what it takes to make the start of your pregnancy something special.
What to Drink During Pregnancy Besides Water
If you’re used to drinking a lot of highly caffeinated, sugary, or (ahem) alcoholic drinks in your regular life, you may find pregnancy feels a wee bit restricting when it comes to beverages.
Are you looking for what you could possibly drink during pregnancy besides water?
Well (and surely you knew I was going to say this), START WITH WATER! Water is so important for pregnancy, so definitely be drinking water as much as possible. If you have a hard time with just plain water, I do have 2 recommendations for you.
First is this naturally sweetened electrolyte drink. You can get this in packets or a larger container with a scoop. All the flavors are pretty good. My whole family uses this from time to time
While I do think electrolytes are a great idea, sometimes you just want something sweet and not water. I love and highly recommend this brand of naturally sweetened lemonade and beyond. You can get different types of lemonade, limeade, and other fun drink flavors that keep your beverage intake interesting. Plus I love that they are sweetened with stevia. My kids and I love them.
Healthy Beverages as Pregnancy Self-Care
Preparing a drink for yourself (or even better having someone prepare one for you!) is such a calming and grounding ritual. I love the simple routines of making a cup of tea or a cocktail.
In my humble opinion, beverages can be a source of self-care.
You take a moment to brew tea and you can breathe for just a little bit.
Someone special makes you a cocktail and you allow yourself to sit down and relax while you drink.
Good beverages are an awesome way to treat yourself, and when you’re in the midst of a new pregnancy, that level of self-care and grounding is extra-important.
I hope you find some inspiration and a natural boost from one of these 6 drinks for your first trimester.
Healthy Drinks During Pregnancy
- Homemade Hot Ginger Lemon Tea has ginger to help you curb that nausea and vomiting we all love to hate from morning sickness. It’s a cup of hot comfort that will get your day started right. Make yourself a cup in no time with the recipe linked above.
- Rise and Shine Green Tea Blend from Bulk Herb Store is a strong, minty cuppa. Perfect for trying to reduce your caffeine intake and really wakes you up in the morning with a boost of energy.
- Dandelion Root Coffee may sound a little crazy, but with some cream and stevia, it’s surprisingly good! Plus the dandelion root is an excellent liver cleanser which is helpful for pregnancy when a lot of stuff is being filtered through there. I definitely recommend giving this coffee substitute a try, especially if you’re looking for a healthy coffee replacement to drink while pregnant.
- This recipe for Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie is packed full of healthy ingredients to get your day started with a dose of nutrition or to boost your energy in the afternoon. Superfoods galore!
- The Protein Punch Pregnancy Smoothie recipe really does deliver a punch. Your body needs extra protein to grow that little one. So add a dose of protein like this to nourish you and baby. Plus regular doses of protein keep your blood sugar steady and help keep the morning sickness away.
- Here’s a Mojito Mocktail recipe for a fun drink when you feel like letting loose a little. Every pregnant mama deserves a good virgin mojito every once in a while. Or every day! You deserve to put your feet up and drink a mojito!
PIN THIS FOR LATER!